A laptop is also known as a notebook, which is a portable personal computer. It is used to stored personal and professional’s data such as Word documents, images, audio files, movie files, games, PowerPoint slides, and so on. Laptops are generally used in a variety of settings, including at work, in education, and for personal multimedia. It combines with components and inputs such as the display, keyboard, speakers, and pointing devices into a single unit. Nowadays latest laptops also associated with webcams and built-in microphones.
Why laptop keyboard isn’t working?
Sometimes, laptop keyboard suddenly fails to work properly due to various reasons including due to use of keyboards continuously, user may mistakenly spill some liquid on the keyboard (This shorts out the wiring), computer can get freeze up at times, and there may be issue with the connection between the keyboard and USB port. All these factors appears to that the keyboard is no longer working.
In such condition, user need to follow some troubleshooting steps as follows below are
- Reboot your Laptop: First, you need to restart the system which will help to correct the various troubles of keyword.
- Check USB Port: At times, the laptop keyboard loses connection with your notebook motherboard, so plug out the keyword and plug in to other Universal Serial Bus port. This makes to work laptop keyword.
- Driver Issue: This problem occurs if you install third-party program often and/or you turn your system off all the time without using the Shut Down command.
- Bad Connections: Now and then, the keyboard loses connection with the laptop’s motherboard, and you need to ensure the keyword connection.
- Defective Keyboard: If you are still in valid with warranty period or have an extended warranty, then try to contact the laptop manufacturer’s technical support team to solve the keyword issues.
Note: If all the above troubleshooting steps fails to solve your keyword issues and then you need to replace the broken laptop keyword with new laptop keyword. In order to know how to remove non-working keyword and install the new keyword just follow this link.