PST files are personal storage files created on outlooks for saving all email communication data. PST files are used to store local copies of messages, calendar events, tasks and some other items on Microsoft Outlook. PST file has its size limit. That is different Microsoft Outlooks have different PST file sizes. PST file size on Microsoft Outlook 2002 is 2GB and on Microsoft Outlook 2003 is 20GB. Password protection can be used to PST files. To use the PST files from another location, user needs to be able to directly access the files over server using mail client. Two or more PST files can be used for a single Microsoft Outlook.
If your PST file is damaged then you may lost all important email messages and other information. Then you seek genuine PST recovery software to recover all messages, contacts and other details from the corrupted PST. By using this PST repair tool all data from the corrupted PST can be recovered easily. It supports all versions of Outlook that is you can perform PST recovery on Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010.
PST file may damage due to many reasons. Some of them are explained below.
- Main reason to get corrupt your PST file is virus attack that is antivirus is not able to manage or clear viruses. For example if antivirus tool is scanning incoming and outgoing emails, the PST file may get damage.
- Improper shutdown of application may leads to damaged PST file. In this case you may shut down the computer without closing Microsoft Outlook.
- Oversized PST file leads to PST file corruption hat is if the PST file reached 2GB or more than this, PST file may gets damaged.
- Most of the time PST files become inaccessible due to PST file header corruption. Because PST file header contains vital information about file such as signature, file size etc. If this information is lost, the Microsoft Outlook cannot access the PST file.
- Incompatibility of Microsoft Outlook makes PST file corruption. For example consider you are upgrading one version of Microsoft Outlook to another Outlook version and trying to import PST files to upgraded Outlook version. If the upgraded Outlook is incompatible with the imported PST file then the data may lost.
- PST file may be getting corrupt over network. For example if two or more users accessing same PST file over network especially in offices then the accessed PST file may get damage.
There are many reasons other than these mentioned above which are corrupting the PST file. No matter how the PST file gets corrupt, you can easily repair the corrupted PST. There is one software is available which is used to repair the corrupted PST. The name of that software is PST recovery software. The demo version of this software is available. By using this demo version you can see how the PST files are repaired or recovered. The repaired PST file can be viewed in trial version. So, first you can download trial version of this software, evaluate recovery results and then purchase full version of this software.