Hard disk drive is a magnetic data storage device, which controls the positioning, reading, and writing in general propose computers. Data is stored on the surface of hard disk in the form of concentric tracks. Internal hard drive resides inside the computer which has two main connections one for data which uses ATA or SATA interface and another for power which provides power from main power supply via electrical cables. In order to prepare a storage medium, usually a disk, for writing and reading, disk formatting is done. It is a process of preparing a hard disk medium for data storage. Formatting allows you to install new programs or information to the available storage place. While formatting there are chances of erasing data currently present on your hard disk or drive. You can recover deleted files after formatting using good file recovery software.
Following are the few scenarios of loosing data due to formatted hard drive:
- While reinstalling operating system, you may accidentally format the partition and lose data.
- When you are changing the partition size, shrinking or extending the partition you can suffer from data loss.
- If you want to change file system from FAT to NTFS, you have to re-partition the drive. In this case, also there is a probability of losing all your data.
- While partitioning the hard drive to create separate dynamic drives, you will get a message box do you want to format. If by mistake you clicked continue, then you will lose all your data.
- If you have accidentally formatted the wrong drive. Suppose you have one dynamic drive named music and another as document. You wished to format music partition but by mistake formatted document partitions.
- Virus attack, if viruses such as malware, spyware etc. have deleted all your important files then you will end up losing all your data.
Once you realize that the files have been deleted after formatting, you should stop using the hard drive and should not perform any read or write operation on the formatted hard drive till you retrieve the data. Do not install any recovery software to the partitions or hard drive from where you have lost files. This could lead to overwriting of deleted files and leads to permanent data loss.
You can search on internet to choose good quick format recovery software. Before buying the software, you should make sure the utility can restore files from corrupted partitions, re-partitioned, formatted and re-formatted drive. Remo Recover (Windows) Pro – Edition is one of the most reliable software. This software is capable of recovering files from different file types and from different data loss circumstances. You can find files from the recovered data based on date, creation date, extension, size, and file name. This software lets you to preview the recovered data before saving. You can download the demo version of this application to check the ability of the software in recovering deleted files form formatted hard drive.